Plaza [N10-]3 is the only recognized Administrative & Elite Residential area at Lamanai.
The plaza along with structures N10-15 and N10-28 are know as "Ottawa".
There is evidence that the people of Lamanai exerted one of their greater efforts in construction in the eleventh century, with a huge transformation of the "Ottawa" group. At the time of this effort use of most or all of the buildings in the northern part of the Central Precinct had probably ceased.
Around AD 1025 some of the surrounding buildings were torn down and used to fill courtyards to make a single platform with a depth of 8 ft. The dating of offerings in the fill indicate that this project took most of a century.